[MPlayer-users] Intelligent dynamic scaling.

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 28 10:11:14 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 02:16:40AM -0400, Baxter Kylie wrote:
[...]
> 3) I took the liberty of defining that, with content > display
> resolutions it should be assumed that this is not something that needs
> any filtering whatsoever and a vf-clr argument is passed instead.

Note that downscaling is even worse than upscaling with many cards
(heavy wandering staircase effect with small moving lines), so for
getting best quality regardless of CPU usage this is not a good idea.
And for everyone who uses -vo gl I'd like to hint at the yuv and lscale
suboptions that enable higher quality scalers.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger