[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing a mp4 video

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Jun 28 19:54:40 CEST 2007

When I use mplayer (last SVN but also old rc1) to play this mp4 file:
    http://www.beppegrillo.it/video/beppe_parlamento-europeo.mp4
I have trouble. A-V desync starts immediately and after about 10 sec is already
5 sec. I tryed to use -mc 0/1/10, -framedrop but without success. I tryed
-demuxer lavf and things get even worst.

Does anybody know if there is a way to play the file without desync?
And what cause the desync? A bug in mplayer or the video is badly encoded/muxed?

I have also noticed that the second part of the video plays without desync.

The only way so far I found to play correctly the video is to remux it like:

mencoder -ovc copy -o test.avi beppe_parlamento-europeo.mp4 -oac toolame -toolameopts br=224
or
mencoder -ovc copy -o test.avi beppe_parlamento-europeo.mp4 -oac faac -faacopts br=96

Unfortunately the command line:
mencoder -ovc copy -o test.avi beppe_parlamento-europeo.mp4 -oac copy

does not work and I need to reencode the (aac) audio.

Ciao
Giacomo