[MPlayer-users] I want to use mplayer-only and mencoder-only features in the same command line.

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Mar 1 09:35:53 CET 2007

Louis Patterson wrote:

> I have written a script for the conversion of various computer files
> to DVD-videos. It uses mplayer to do decompression and demuxing [-vo
> file &c], various other programs to process the video and audio
> seperately and remux them [the mjpeg tools, mostly]; it's working
> fairly well.
>
> However, it doesn't appear to support variable frame rate materials.
> To do this I apparently need to use -ofps framerate, but mplayer
> doesn't support this, only mencoder.
>
> However, mencoder only appears to support a single output stream, so
> if I shifted to mencoder I'd need a seperate demuxer [probably,
> ironicaly enough, mplayer!].
>
> This doesn't appeal to me. Is there something I've missed that would
> provide an easier way?

mencoder can generate mpeg files either with -of mpeg or with -lavf
(but in this case don't use b-frames).
As for demuxers, mpeg2desc from dvdauthor is an option (small
size, fast)

 Sponsor:
 Refill srl il paradiso della tua stampante - cartucce e toner compatibili, inchiostri e accessori per la ricarica, carta speciale. Tutto a prezzi scontatissimi!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5187&d=1-3