[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer fails

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 13:32:26 CET 2007

Gianluca Fiore wrote:

> On Thu 01 Mar, 2007 at 00:31:25 +0600, ajaxas wrote:
>
>> Well, read The Wanderer, and also read ./configure --help:
>>
>> "This configure script is NOT autoconf-based, even though its
>> output is similar. It will try to autodetect all configuration
>> options. If you --enable an option it will be forcefully turned on,
>> skipping autodetection. This can break compilation, so you need to
>> know what you are doing."
>>
>> That's it.
>
> Yes, I read it. I was only wondering why this message, because if I
> remember correctly it wasn't before (and with before I mean "some
> months ago").

...gwah?

That message was added (purely as an informative note, since people kept
either being confused by the behaviour or suggesting that we either
switch to autoconf or change the behaviour ourselves) in SVN revision
18319, which is in fact from before the switch from CVS to SVN took
place - and *that* was finalized back in early June. The current
revision is 22390. Were you really that far behind the curve?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.