[MPlayer-users] bad magic in ifo header

Martin Ivanov tramni at abv.bg
Thu Mar 1 21:46:05 CET 2007

Hello!
I am using Slackware Linux 11.0 with kernel 2.6.18 and mplayer-1.0rc1.
I have the following files in the video_ts directory:
video_ts.bup*  video_ts.vob*  vts_01_0.ifo*  vts_01_1.vob*  vts_01_3.vob*  vts_01_5.vob*
video_ts.ifo*  vts_01_0.bup*  vts_01_0.vob*  vts_01_2.vob*  vts_01_4.vob*

This is my ~/.mplayer/config file:

font=~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf
subcp=cp1251
subfont-text-scale=3
subfont-encoding=unicode
subfont-outline=5
subpos=100
sub-bg-color=0
vf=expand=0:-80:0:0

With most dvd's I have no problems, but with that and a few others I have problems with the subtitles. I have no subtitles displayed, while in vlc and xine they are displayed correctly. When I issue:
mplayer  vts_01_3.vob
for example, I get no subtitles, while with other dvds and this same command everything is ok. The command:
mplayer -ifo video_ts.ifo  vts_01_3.vob

produces the error message:
bad magic in ifo header

I think actually this is the problem, but I have no idea how to solve it.
Thank you very much for your attention. I am looking forward to your answer.

Regards,
Martin