[MPlayer-users] codec for format 0x55756461?

Andreas Gösele goesele at hfph.mwn.de
Sun Mar 4 23:12:05 CET 2007

Hi,

I have some files which I used to play with mplayer, but this doesn't work any
more. I now get the error:

Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x55756461.

According to the Codec Status Table format 0x55756461 corresponds to the FFmpeg
MPEG layer-3 adu audio decoder (mp3adu) and is supported.

Also, -ac help gives among others:

ffmp3adu    ffmpeg    working   FFmpeg MPEG layer-3 adu audio decoder  [mp3adu]

I use mplayer 1:1.0-pre8-0.1sarge2 under Debian sarge.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andreas