[MPlayer-users] Segmentation fault in ff_fdct_sse2

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:33:32 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/5/07, mslama at email.cz <mslama at email.cz> wrote:

> > Looks like an unaligned mem access to me.
> >
> > Please try attached patch. It's not a proper fix I think, but It's the
> > best I could do within 2min of free time ;-)
> >

> Thanks. It does not crash now. Shall I use this patch or will there be 'better' patch? :)

Yeah, use the proper patch when I write it... until then ..... ;-)

As I said, that patch was only meant to narrow down where the problem lies.

I'm quite surprised that the problem didn't show up before. That code
has been there for a while.

Could you please try compiling libavcodec/i386/fdct_mmx.c with
different levels of optimization? -00, 01, 02, 03?

Also, did you play with memory-alignment related GCC options? That
could be the problel...

Guillaume