[MPlayer-users] Crash on OS X 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:23:56 CET 2007

On 2007/03/01, at 7:51, Risto Suominen wrote:

> On 3/1/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 3/1/07, Risto Suominen <risto.suominen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I installed MPlayer OSX PPC binary package on my iMac DV 400 MHz
>> (G3).
>>
>> Could you try to compile your own version of MPlayer? We don't support
>> binary packages because god knows what parameters are used to generate
>> the binary package? That binary maybe isn't just fit for your machine!
>>

>> > First it started ok, but didn't play a URL, before I created a
>> > symbolic link at /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib pointing at
>> > /sw/lib/libncurses.5.dylib (Fink, OS X included version was 5.0.0).
>> >
>> > Then it played the video URL without video, i.e. black screen and ok
>> > audio. Then I decided to install the Codec package (rp9). It made no
>> > difference, and I decided to restart the player. Now it crashed on
>> > startup.
>> >
>> > I undid the changes (the link and the codecs), re-installed the
>> > player, even re-booted the machine, but no help. A crash report of
>> 14
>> > k is generated, maybe too much to attach here? I might make it
>> > downloadable if there is interest...
>>
>> why not? You can compress it with gzip if needed.
>>
>> Guillaume
>>

> Hi,
>
> I forgot to mention the version, 1.0rc1.
>
> I will try compile it...
>
> The crash report is attached.

I am not sure what is causing your crashing, just revert back
everything you can (without changing any previous settings from their
non-default ones!) and what video output are you using. If you are
using macosx then change it to quartz. macosx vo does not work on old
mac computers that are too old to use corevideo which that video output
is based off of. (bad default for whoever is doing that binary on the
website.)

Ergzay