[MPlayer-users] subtitle encoding selection in Mplayer Os X

Leira Hua lhua at altigen.com.cn
Fri Mar 9 03:02:11 CET 2007

hi, i've just installed mplayer osx, on my new macbook. i've been using
mplayer on linux for a long time, it is my first using OS X.

in subtitle setting of mplayer osx, the encoding selection is a combo box,
there lots of encodings except cp936. yes, there is cp950, but not cp936.

in mplayer on linux, i can edit .mplayer/config to set the specific
encoding. but on osx, when modified smoe settings in GUI, i found
.mplayer/config is still empty. so i think maybe it is not using this file.

so, how can i add cp936 to the subtitle encoding selection combobox in
mplayer osx? or, how can i set the subtitle encoding to cp936 by editing
which config file?

Thanks,

--
Leira Hua