[MPlayer-users] Red Pixels and ATI+DELL

Raeez rlorgat at webafrica.org.za
Sat Mar 10 11:55:56 CET 2007

Hi, Im on Kubuntu 6.10 edgy eft and I have both the distro version and the svn
(I update daily) version of mplayer which I have built. I notice the following
problem regardless of which i use (i only really use the svn version though).

Picture quality is good, except for when I come across a deep red area in the
picture. All reddish colours especially deep red are extremely blocky with
large pixels whilst the rest of the picture is fine. I have only found this
with 4CC encoded files (xvid, divx etc.) I have tried with multiple files
with the same result and these same files under windows using media player
classic and ffdshow are rendered with the red areas perfectly fine (and an
overall video quality increase is found using ffdshow + MPC on win32- strange
if both ffdshow and mplayer use ffmpeg)

Im running mplayer from the command line (mplayer 'filename') with the
following options in the config file:
# Write your default config options here!
vo=xv
vf=pp=lb            <- ive tried various combinations here to no effect
aspect=16:10
monitoraspect=16:10