[MPlayer-users] Segfault in mplayer

qsd at rogers.com qsd at rogers.com
Sun Mar 11 23:56:49 CET 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought about the hardware problem myself, but I find it hard to
believe. I've been running this system for over a year now, and mplayer
hasn't crashed _once_ before... It also runs other much more demanding
tasks (games, video encoding, etc) just fine. However, the system is
getting a bit old, so who knows... I better run memtest at the next
reboot.

I've played HD video before, and it worked just fine. I also play
x264 encoded video from matroska all the time without any problems.
There doesn't seem to be anything special about this file that hasn't
been done already. However, I don't recall playing x264 video at this
particular resolution.

Now, since the backtrace looks good to you, I will assume the problem is
with my setup, not mplayer, and investigate further. I will see if it
runs on the other machine, maybe a different gcc version...

Thanks again.