[MPlayer-users] weird problem with -demuxer lafv and mp4 files

ajaxas ajaxas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:17:33 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:12:20 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> lavf looks for the tag at a different place than MPlayer, and
> unfortunately at that place there is mp4a, which definitely does not
> stand for vorbis...

True, there shouldn't be any vorbis streams in a MP4 container, but here's an
example and it's playable with MPC, etc. under Windows. I think it's way more
easier to change mplayer than to change people assembling MP4 files. ;)

OK, there's another MP4 file - this time with a MP3 audio stream, I've uploaded
it with the name "mp3_in_mp4_lavf_fail.mp4".
The same system, the same mistake - 47 seconds with MOV/MP4 demuxer and all the
problems, and 23:34 with -demuxer lavf -ac +mp3 (without the last option mplayer
starts using FAAD and fails).

Though I can provide an example when the -ac +codec option is not necessary, and
indeed - there is an AAC audio stream in it. That proves you're right: lavf
always finds faad. Should we fix lavf then? And even if it's impossible now,
what about correct demuxing with MOV/MP4 demuxer?

--
ajaxas <ajaxas at gmail.com>