[MPlayer-users] error message when compiling mplary

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 22:56:03 CET 2007

ajaxas wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:35:25 +0100
> "Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz" <wp.rauchholz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I run FC6 under kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6.
>> The configure command runs w/o problem. ("./configure --enable-gui
>> --enable-largefiles --enable-menu  --enable-radio
>> --enable-radio-capture --enable-live --enable-libfame
>> --enable-alsa")
>
> Stop using --enable options (except for --enable-gui) and you'll get
> what you want. Explicitly enabling options you are turning off all
> autodetection, and thus the compiler is unable to find the correct
> way to proper libraries.

There are more exceptions to that rule than just --enable-gui. Among
them are several of the options Wolfgang was using: --enable-largefiles,
--enable-menu, --enable-radio, and --enable-radio-capture.

--enable-live and --enable-alsa both fall under the "disables
autodetection and can break the compile" rule. --enable-libfame does not
appear to exist in the latest SVN version, and indeed I seem to remember
its having been removed quite some months back, but it would probably
fall under that rule as well.

 From looking at the contents of configure (you can't really call it the
'source'), I am not 100% positive that the --enable-radio* options will
work correctly without additional, hand-crafted configure arguments to
provide various compilation flags - but I'm also not sure that it will
not, and there does not seem to be any reason not to try it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.