[MPlayer-users] Auto-scale wish

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 13:12:02 CET 2007

Hi,

On Friday 16 Mar 2007, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:
> I have an intel graphic card (845GL), and trying to play a HD video mplayer
> quits with this error:
> [xv] Source image dimensions are too high: 1280x720 (maximum is 1024x1088)
>  FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
> If you think that this should be solved in another place (xorg?) let me
> know and I'll ask about it there.

There's an option in the xorg i810 driver which fixes HD playback on the Intel
chipsets - have a look at man i810 and search for the LinearAlloc option. I
use it on my i855GM-based laptop with the suggested value of 6144 and I can
play HD movies fine with Xv.

(-vo gl doesn't work because there's not enough CPU to convert from YUV to RGB
and -vo gl:yuv=x just crashes the X server on this system because the chip
doesn't support the GL_ARB_fragment_program extension.)

HTH
Stephen