[MPlayer-users] VFR recode

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sun Mar 18 21:22:28 CET 2007

RC wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 23:34:22 +0300
> Phil Oleynik <Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru> wrote:
>

>> is it possible to recode VFR video to normal, constant fps video with
>> mencoder?
>>

> Just use -ofps to set the framerate you want.

Thank you, I finally understood how to use it, the ofps should be higher
than ceiling fps in VFR file. Otherwise, drastic A-V desync occurs.

Another question, why the mencoder crashed in the end of file with this
line:
mencoder: ratecontrol.c:692: ff_rate_estimate_qscale: Assertion
`picture_number<rcc->num_entries' failed.

There were many duplicates during encoding.

Phil.