[MPlayer-users] Quicktime 7.1.5

Sean Montague sean at videobloom.com
Fri Mar 23 19:49:26 CET 2007

I needed to refresh my memory a bit. I'm not a QT guy, I just convert
them to flv. Apple released a security update on March 5th, 2007, 7.1.5.
The problem is that mplayer can no longer read the ID_AUDIO_BITRATE, see
blew. For me this is a problem since I use ID_AUDIO_BITRATE to determine
how big the audio file is, which allows me to infer what the in video
bitrate is. When I convert the files my goal is to maintain, as best as
possible, the original size and quality. Notice ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=1536000
below. I'm told by the fella creating this file that this is absurd.
Anyway, the mencoder I'm using on RedHat is current as of early February 07.

Playing ErikaBrownH263-320X240.mov.
ISO: File Type Major Brand: Original QuickTime
Quicktime/MOV file format detected.
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
ID_VIDEO_ID=1
VIDEO:  [h263]  320x240  24bpp  29.970 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=ErikaBrownH263-320X240.mov
ID_DEMUXER=mov
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=h263
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=320
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
ID_VIDEO_FPS=29.970
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=sowt
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=21.12
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh263] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.263+ decoder)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffh263
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=1536000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
AO: [dsound] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=pcm