[MPlayer-users] vp6 encoding with mencoder (vp6vfw.dll)

Adam Frank adam at antilogo.org
Sat Mar 24 02:05:51 CET 2007

Greetings - I'm attempting to produce some high-quality VP6 encodings
in mencoder, but have been yet unable to figure out how to turn any
knobs on the codec. I found this:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-video-for-windows.html
which gives the example:

mencoder -dvd-device zeiram.iso dvd://7 -o trailer.flv \
-ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=onepass.mcf -oac mp3lame \
-lameopts cbr:br=64 -af lavcresample=22050 -vf yadif,scale=320:240,flip \
-of lavf -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

Where does "onepass.mcf" come from? I've also found references to
"settings.mcf" and "twopass.mcf" but have been unable to figure out
whether these are some kind of proprietary thing you're supposed to
get from On2 with the codec, or just some config file I can open in vi
(if so, does anyone know the syntax?), or what... Am I missing
something?

Any light anyone could shed on this would be very helpful and much
appreciated...

Thanks
Adam