[MPlayer-users] vp6 dual pass

transcoderjunkie mencoder at w25.nl
Tue Mar 27 18:25:06 CEST 2007

hiya all,

just experimenting with the vp6vfw.dll and mencoder.

The instructions at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-video-for-windows.html
have this sample:

mencoder -dvd-device /|zeiram.iso|/ dvd://7 -o /|trailer.flv|/ \
-ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=onepass.mcf -oac mp3lame \
-lameopts cbr:br=64 -af lavcresample=22050 -vf yadif,scale=320:240,flip \
-of lavf -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

they also mention that I can create the config files like

    vfw2menc -f VP62 -d vp6vfw.dll -s firstpass.mcf

and then "Repeat this step for the second pass and use -s
/|secondpass.mcf|/."

However, how would I make the mencoder force to do a dualpass encode? I
don't seen any switches in the syntaxt provided as sample that does
single nor dual pass?
Does the codec internally do dual pass or do I need to tell emcnoder to
encode pass 1 first and then restart mencoder to do pass2 ?

any help?