[MPlayer-users] Filtering audio with -dumpstream?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Mar 29 19:40:11 CEST 2007

matthew.garman at gmail.com wrote:

> Is is possible to filter what actually gets dumped?  E.g., say I
> only want the English audio track:

Not really.  I use -dumpvideo and -dumpaudio, then remux them together
with mplex.  I'm told those two options are only meant for testing and
are not expected to create valid streams, but they work well enough if
your input is an mpeg (which a DVD is.)

Failing that, you have to use mencoder with -ovc copy and -oac copy.

I've never been able to figure out how to get the subtitles back into an
mpeg stream.  The closest I've gotten is to add them into a Matroska file.