[MPlayer-users] playlist suggestion

Robert Parker theparkers.mailbox at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:52:34 CEST 2007

On 02/05/07, Compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> i tried to get something like this into mplayer but no one liked my idea...
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2005-January/001071.html

I read that thread, seems to me most people (3 vs 1 ) agreed in
principle that it should be done in mplayer and not in a plugin.

For the record, I'm one of people who doesn't want to mess around with
more plugins. Seamless handling of media play lists seems to be
naturally within the scope of a media player and not another program.
(by "seamless" I mean "does not require the user to make a distinction
between URLs that are actual media and URLs that are media play
lists")

The "-auto-playlist" option would be off by default anyway.