[MPlayer-users] winxp mencoder

Sean Montague sean at videobloom.com
Wed May 9 23:05:30 CEST 2007

I was cleaning up my mplayer folder this morning and decided to wipe it
out because I had so many files I didn't feel like sorting through. I
then downloaded the latest windows version of mplayer with mencoder.
Batch files I had been using on a .mov ceased to work. My batch file
fails on the 2nd pass with these 3 lines before closing.

[flv @ 00AF21A0][lavc rc] Error:  bitrate too low for this video with
these parameters.
Could not open codec.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

I may have copied all the files from a precompiled windows gui front
end, but can't remember which. The video parameters are according to
quicktime:

Format:
    16-bit integer (Big Endian), Stero (L R), 48.000 kHz
    H.264 Decoder, 1280 x 720 (1248 x 702), Millions

Movie FPS: 29.97
Data Size: 48.2 MB
Data Rate: 1.22 MB
Duration: 00:00:39:07