[MPlayer-users] periodically appending jpeg images to a video

noah at noah.org noah at noah.org
Sat May 12 22:17:08 CEST 2007

Is it possible to append JPEG images to the end of a video?
I know it's simple to take a collected batch of images and create a video something like this:
    mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
I would like to do something similar in a shell script but periodically images append to a video.
I have a webcam that collects images based on a trigger. I would like to have a cron
job that adds these to the current output video file. I don't want to reencode the video
or reprocess the images allready added to the video. There is no audio stream to worry about.

I am collecting time-lapse images over several weeks from a camera.
I want to keep an up to date video of all the images.

Yours,
Noah