[MPlayer-users] Error compiling SVN Revision: 23304

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun May 13 14:11:47 CEST 2007

Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
>
>> From: "Jeremy Hansen" <jebrhansen at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [MPlayer-users] Error compiling SVN Revision: 23304
>
>> I had tried a couple of weeks ago to compile a newer version and
>> ran into an error. Rather than posting it, I forgot about it, and
>> decided to redo it tonight. Well I ran an svn update but then
>> decided to just delete the directory and start fresh so I did an
>> svn checkout. But my make still errors out.
>
> I can confirm this.  Also running Slack 11.  The SVN number in the
> Subject is wrong.  It is the ffmpeg revision number.  The mplayer
> revision I'm working with is  9014.

This cannot be correct.

For one thing, FFmpeg has only had 9014 revisions so far. There is
currently no such thing as "FFmpeg revision 23304".

For another thing, since MPlayer switched from CVS to Subversion in
mid-2006 - at, so far as I can tell, SVN revision 18559 - MPlayer's
"revision 23304" would correspond to a CVS version from sometime in,
probably, 2004 at the latest.

> grep -i revision svn.log
> Checked out external at revision 9014.

MPlayer's "externals" are FFmpeg. Therefore, if what you are updating is
MPlayer, this is an FFmpeg revision.

> Checked out revision 23304.

MPlayer itself is not an external in its own repository, so if what you
are updating is MPlayer, this is the MPlayer revision.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.