[MPlayer-users] no video but only sound in running SOME .rm files

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 18:38:31 CEST 2007

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> If you configure before the /usr/lib/codecs was there and you did not
> enable win32dll support manually you have to configure and make again
> (check the configure output that binary codec support is really
> enabled).

Based on a comment in an earlier post:

> i installed mplayer via the command line i found
> in the ubuntu 6.06 wiki

I doubt that the original poster compiled MPlayer
herself.

First of all, I would also have her run
'ls /usr/lib/codecs/drv*' to confirm that she
carried out earlier instructions correctly.

I would also suggest that she post the output of
mplayer -v <filename>. If the version is recent enough,
the configure options will be included in the output.

I am assuming that if binary codecs are not enabled, then it
will not show

opening win32 dll 'drvc.so'
opening win32 dll 'drvc.dll'
opening win32 dll 'drv4.so.6.0'