[MPlayer-users] MediaControl via Mplayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 16 10:28:20 CEST 2007

Hi!

Anmol Ranka <Anmol_Ranka <at> mindtree.com> writes:

> Thanks Carl for the reply. I could control Mplayer through console

Never having used slave mode myself, I think you misunderstood something:
The slave mode was not made primarily to be able to control mplayer through
console (that wouldn't make much sense IMO), but to start mplayers executable
from another program and being able to control it - you might want to take a
look at mplayerplug-in (a different project with a similar name) for an example
how this can be used.

IMO, it's exactly what you are searching for. From a quick view, it seems, all
commands you mentioned are supported. There is no mplayer library; use xine-lib
if that is what you need (and maybe think about the license differences between
using a library and controlling a program through stdin).

> by
> following the steps mentioned in the url
> <http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/DOCS/tech/slave.txt?view=markup>.

Please don't top-post on this list!
Since your mailer breaks threads, you may want to use gmane:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user

Carl Eugen