[MPlayer-users] trouble loading theora codec

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed May 16 22:01:20 CEST 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007 00:14:23 -0500
Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:

> I got the following message, and wonder if I'm missing a codec??  If
> so,  what codec?

You really need to post the full MPlayer output, not just what you think
is important.

> Playing summit07_eben1.ogg.
> ID_VIDEO_ID=0
> [Ogg] stream 0: video (Theora v3.2.0), -vid 0
> ID_AUDIO_ID=0
> [Ogg] stream 1: audio (Vorbis), -aid 0

Ogg/Vorbis/Theora.  With old releases of MPlayer, you need
libtheora/libvorbis.  With newer releases, ffmpeg's built-in support
works fine...  Try with -demuxer lavf and see if it works.

Of course, you might just have a buggy build.