[MPlayer-users] Playing 1080p and system too slow message - audio sync

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 11:49:27 CEST 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have an AMD 64 X2 5200+ machine trying to play pirarates_trailer1080p.mov
> I certainly would have thought this system would be able to play 1080p
> video.
> What do I not have correct?

Which video output driver are you using? xv or gl/gl2 would probably be the
best ones to try. The low frames-per-second figure you mention with glxgears
might make the opengl drivers unfeasible, though. I'd expect something a bit
quicker than 2000 with a GeForce 7 series card - my ATI X850XT gives me about
10,000.

Stephen