[MPlayer-users] Big Request

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun May 20 21:58:28 CEST 2007

Rebecca Trent wrote:
> Could someone please zip up and place on a FTP somewhere a Windows XP
> version of MPlayer core DVD player with the DVD nav menus working?  I
> understand RC2 is going to maybe fix this problem, but I understand it could
> be years before it is implemented.  I appreciate any assistance with this
> request that will mean my ass on the street unless I can get some help!!

I can't help you, but I can make a suggestion.

1. Take a look at the list of unofficial Windows builds:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html#windows

2. Start at the top of the list; visit the home pages and choose a few
that seem actively maintained. Find the build maintainers' emails.

3. Email each maintainer and promise a token amount of money or a batch
of cookies or something. Be careful how you manage this--if three
maintainers do the same job because you forgot to notify two of them,
you'll owe them all cookies or whatever. On the other hand, if this is
truly vital to you, then a huge pile of cookies should be worth it for
redundancy in case one of the builds doesn't work out well.

4. Don't forget to make good on whatever you promise.

-Corey