[MPlayer-users] how to debug mplayer with live streaming

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 21 23:03:36 CEST 2007

Hi!

jerry zhao <zhj.zhao <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I compiled mplayer with livemedia library. Now I can playback the live
> streaming. But I don't know how it works. So I want to debug the mplayer
> when it playback live streaming. My operate system is SUSE Linux. When I use
> gdb to debug mplayer, I always got "Segmentation fault". So Could anyone
> tell me how to debug mplayer with live streaming?
> Any idea would be appreciated.

Being probably the one who should answer questions on using live555 libraries, I
have to tell you I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question.
Do you have a rtsp url that makes mplayer segfault? Then please post the adress
and I'll try to fix it.
Do you have a rtsp url with a payload supported by live555 but not by mplayer
(speex or gsm)? Then please post the adress and I'll try my best to fix it.
Or do you really want to know how I debug mplayer with live555 streaming? I use
printf().

Carl Eugen