[MPlayer-users] Fifo Based Control and Fifo Based Image File Remote Control Related Questions

tom tom at realtime1.com
Mon May 21 23:33:14 CEST 2007

Hi Folks,

	I have some questions regarding determine the playback state, error state and
time codes.  The Fifo's are being used for slave control and image data.
This is all related to remote playback where the image can't be seen.

	1. Is there any way using slave mode to determine current playback state?  I
can't find any(playing,stopped)?

	2. Is there any way using slave mode to determine the error state?  I can't
find any?

	3. Is there any way to get the time code right now(writing out to a file is
OK but only want the last requested time code to be contained in the file)
while playback is occurring?

	As you see I need to know in realtime the current playback state, error state
and time codes.

	Would it be fairly easy to add a socket and code to maintain playback state,
error state and time code and respond to requests to get the playback state,
error state and time code as well as playback control requests.  Or is the
code structure such that this wouldn't be an easy undertaking? Thanks.

				Tom Bond
--
System Info: Linux realtime1 2.6.16.27-0.9-default #1 Tue Feb 13 09:35:18 UTC
2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux