[MPlayer-users] how to debug mplayer with live streaming

jerry zhao zhj.zhao at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:46:17 CEST 2007

Hi,Carl Eugen
thanks for your reply.
>Being probably the one who should answer questions on using live555
libraries, I
>have to tell you I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question.
>Do you have a rtsp url that makes mplayer segfault? Then please post the
adress
>and I'll try to fix it.
Yes, I have a rtsp url. but the rtsp url that I used was set up in my
computer by using testOnDemandRTSPServer.

>Do you have a rtsp url with a payload supported by live555 but not by
mplayer
>(speex or gsm)? Then please post the adress and I'll try my best to fix it.
The payload format is supported by mplayer too. I can playback the streaming
by using mplayer.
>Or do you really want to know how I debug mplayer with live555 streaming? I
use
>printf().
Yes, I want to know how you debug mplayer with live555 streaming. I want to
use single step to debug the program in order to understand the flow of the
programm. I am not good at the programming. If my question is naive and
stupid, Please forgvie my stupid question. :)
I also want to know where mplayer will depacketize the rtp packet and get
the payload. And then mplayer will decode the frame.
Best regards
Jerry