[MPlayer-users] Video Output to OpenGL Texture Memory

Bill Dwyer themadcreator at gmail.com
Fri May 25 02:27:43 CEST 2007

I've been digging through the -vo options for the last couple days trying to
find the answer to this:

Is it possible to have mplayer output video directly to opengl texture
memory for use in another process? Every -vo option creates visible output,
but what I really want is to use mplayer in slave mode as a backend to an
opengl gui.

Other ways to achieve this is to use shared memory like "mlpayer -vo
shm:key=123456 movie.avi" if such a driver existed. I could also finagle
something where i copy the data from an X window using the -wid option, but
that would probably be really slow.

Thanks!
Bill Dwyer