[MPlayer-users] mplayer doesn't play smoothly after system update

Frank Potter could.net at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:52:25 CEST 2007

I like mplayer very much, and I don't want to use any other players. It
played very smoothly before, but yesterday after I run "yum -y update" to
update everything on my system, mplayer didn't work well any more.

It doesn't play smoothly now. Whenever the movie has some fast moves,
obvious flicker can be noticed. And whenever I set mplayer to full-screen
mode, it doesn't display clear at any moment, seems like it doesn't do any
antialiasing in full-screen mode.

What am I supposed to do now? Does someone ever meet across the same problem
with me? How can I diagnose it? Thank you all, I posted this question on
fedoraforum but I didn't get any solutions, so I come here.