[MPlayer-users] windows build?

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:00:27 CET 2007

> ok i misunderstood, so they are both minGW port of gnumake ?
> here is the version :

Yes, they're just different versions. 3.81 should be the latest. It builds
on Microsoft Visual Studio 2003, and I suppose 2005 as well as Visual Studio
6.

GNU Make 3.81

So, let me get this straight. You're using make 3.81 to build mplayer in
Windows or make 3.79.1? What version of windows are you running? XP?

I've never been able to use make-3.81 to build mplayer on windows. On
linux,yes but not mingw on Windows. But then again, I'm using Windows 2000.
But I have the same results on Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0

A lot of the gnu programs can be built straight from mingw out of the box
running ./configure, make, and make install. But some of the programs from
the gnu source code have to be tweaked by the C guys to compile on the
Windows platform: they have to know about the Windows Application
Programming Interface (API) as well as the standard c library.

.