[MPlayer-users] Mplayer breaks my bash script

kristjan kristjan.ugrin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:01:45 CET 2007

I'm trying to write a bash script that makes image index from movies
content on CDs / DVDs. Basic things are implemented, it searches for
media on DVD/CD, opens them in mplayer with "-vf screenshot" switch
and makes image index with montage, but only for one movie, thats the
problem.

Here is the script:
http://files.myopera.com/kriko/files/cdPictures.sh

As I said it doesn't loop and takes screesnhots from all movies,
because of 21th line:
mplayer -vf screenshot "$file"

If I comment out that line, everything works as it should, but
obviously I'm missing something I need. Even if I replace that line
with e.g.:
kaffeine "$file"

it works. Why it doesn't with mplayer?

I made some debug outputs, debug 1 is with 21th line when it didn't
work, debug2 is with 21th line commented out when it was properly
looping till list ended.

http://files.myopera.com/kriko/files/debug1
http://files.myopera.com/kriko/files/debug2

I'm really clueless.