[MPlayer-users] need help with cdda:// please

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:05:59 CET 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:56:32 -0400, MPlayer Fan wrote:

> Hello list, I'm having trouble playing cds on my win xp toshiba laptop.
>
> My config:
>
> dvd-device=d:
> cdrom-device=d:
>
> I can play/encode from dvds, but not cds.
>
> C:\mprc2>mplayer cdda://2
> MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz (Family: 6, Model: 14, Step
> ping: 8)
> CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
>
> Playing cdda://2.
> No stream found to handle url cdda://2

Your mplayer was compiled without cdda support. You will have to compile it
yourself. You will need libcdio-0.77. Use exactly that version; 0.78 will not
compile with MinGW (at least I couldn't compile it). If you have no idea what
I am talking about, see if one of the alternative Windows builds will work for
you.