[MPlayer-users] h264/mp3 chipmunk audio

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 05:47:12 CET 2007

> So here's my problem. When I play this final avi file in opensuse 10.3 using a compiled version of
> mplayer/mencoder from svn it plays perfectly. When I play this same file on ubuntu 7.10 with mplayer
> from the repos the intro sounds great but the second part of the video, where my actual screencast
> kicks in, the audio is chipmunked. If I play this same file in totem or vlc on ubuntu 7.10 the audio
> sounds great all of the way through.
>
> I have made every attempt to make both my 15 second intro and screencast in the same video and audio
> format. I have had a lot of help from the author of h264enc. Without him I would be no where.
> Unfortunately there is still much that I do not understand regarding mplayer and mencoder. Should I
> stay away from mp3 audio? Perhaps go with aac instead? I smp3 audio even my problem? I want to use
> the most accepted format so my content plays on windows, mac, and linux.

With the way mplayer is done... there are constant bug fixes and
feature enhancements. If an older version of mplayer from repos
doesn't play this that is understandable. The big thing to check would
be whether or not it is playable by wmp or quicktime. These are the
two standard programs between windows and mac. If they play there they
should be good.

Hopefully this isn't too late.
Jeremy