[MPlayer-users] Fwd: Cannot install MPlayer PLEASE HELP

Vitezslav Kotrla vitko at post.cz
Mon Nov 5 06:59:26 CET 2007

> Gutsy does not have glibc headers and dev libs installed by default. You
> need to install your Glibc-dev or equivalent package. It should be under
> development libraries/tools. Sorry I'm not familiar with Ubuntu.

I'm not Ubuntu user myself, but you can try to add some repositories
containing pre-packaged mplayer, check following link for inspiration

   http://www.debianadmin.com/install-mplayer-ubuntu.html

You can install precompiled mplayer of course, but if you want to build
your own, run command

   apt-get build-dep mplayer

On Debian this command brings all dependencies necessary for compiling
that package (this used to work on Ubuntu when I was playing with it
last time, too).

Vit