[MPlayer-users] [BUG] audio distortion in quicktime/mov videos

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Mon Nov 5 15:37:23 CET 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007 15:19, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
[...]
> Any ideas? (Meanwhile I'll try to make regression test, but
> requirement to downgrade libav* and libpostproc each time
> separately of the main tree makes this procedure rather
> troublesome.)

While doing regression test I descended down to mplayer-2004-01-01.
Even this ancient version, which even knows nothing about
videocodec of file in question, still have the same bug with audio
echoing 8-(.

It seems this problem was there forever. And it is almost certainly
mplayer's problem, because xine-0.99.4 plays these files fine 8-/.