[MPlayer-users] Compilation problems in MPlayer-1.0rc2

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Mon Nov 5 21:42:48 CET 2007

On Sonntag, 4. November 2007, Ulrich Guettich wrote:
> System: SuSE 8.2, but meanwhile many libs, compiler updated
>
> In contrast to rc1, I do not get rc2 compiled:
>
> ./configure --enable-gui
> (...)
> A compilation is succesfull if I do disable dvdread and
> dvdread-internal   ...  but I need dvd access.

Have you read DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt in the MPlayer sources? It
advises to get the latest dvdread/nav library with this command:

svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav

then compile and install it, it works wonderfully on my system. When you
have dvdnav support you can use mplayer this was: mplayer dvdnav://1
instead of mplayer dvd://1
With dvdnav support I was able to access DVDs that were not accessible
other ways.

hth
Malte