[MPlayer-users] Using libnemesi with MPlayer

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Nov 6 00:34:20 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:55:01AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il Monday 05 November 2007 10:40:13 Andrew Savchenko ha scritto:

> > > that is the exact opposite that what we asked Luca to do before
> > > committing his code
> >
> > I have changed configure to enable them both, but this way code
> > fails to compile due to multimple symbol definitions. Moreover
> > there is no way to select which library to use at runtime.
> >
> > Or do you mean libnemesi should be disabled in favour of live555?
>

> none of the three should be disabled due to the presence of the
> other(s). Only a different protocol syntax (such as live://, nemesi://
> nativertsp://) should  identify the stream to use.
> Each stream, in turn, would be free to rewrite the stream protocol (if
> needed) and to hardcode a specific demuxer (if needed).

This is silly. We need to stop inventing our own ridiculous url
schemes and honor the standard ones. Also there's no legitimate reason
for multiple implementations of the same thing in MPlayer especially
when one of them has nasty issues (like C++ in this case). live555
should be removed as soon as there are no regressions with using
nemesi.

Rich