[MPlayer-users] Seek and chapter

Olivier Rolland billl at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 9 14:52:47 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > > I find it unlikely that it ever worked that way - at least
> > > reliably - anyway now it's not possible (although it's easy to
> > > add the relative code). A quick workaround is:
> > > $ mplayer -identify|grep -i chapter
> > > $ mplayer -ss YOURTIME

In the end, this is exactely what I want to achieve. But as long as
seeking in a DVD title isn't reliable at all, I used to find in which
chapter YOURTIME belonged and the starting time of this chapter
(CHAPTERTIME). I then only had to seek to CHAPTERTIME - YOURTIME from
the begining of the chapter.

> > Unfortunately, this does not work reliably with a DVD !
>
> depends on the dvd. How far is the final position offset
> from the one you specified?

It really depends. It can be any time from the begining to the end of the title.

Olivier