[MPlayer-users] audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec MP3 - SOLVED

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Mon Nov 12 16:13:23 CET 2007

Le lundi 29 octobre 2007, 00:42:53 ou environ Alain Barthélemy <cassandre at bartydeux.be> a écrit:
> Le dimanche 28 octobre 2007, 15:02:38 ou environ Henry Garcia <defsyn at gmail.com> a écrit:
> > >
> > > I made a first mistake (because of Krysztof who typed libmp3lame). I
> > > type mp3liblame instead of mp3lame after lavcopts
> >

> > The manpage says as touching using lavcopts:
> >
> > acodec=<value>

> > libmp3lame
> > MPEG-1 audio layer 3 (MP3)  - using LAME
> >
> > The proper format, according to the manual, should be -lavcopts
> > acodec=libmp3lame
>
> This gives sync problems with me, with message "Badly interleaved avi
> file detected -switching to -ni mode".
> If somebody knows how to recover such a corrupted file?
> Is that a bug?
>

> > If that doesn't work, the manual should be updated.
> >
> > You should also be able to use the following:
> >
> > mencoder dvd://1 -oac mp3lame
> >

> What I did: mencoder -tv driver=**** -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=224
>
> And it works. No sync problems. It is the old instruction line I used to
> use many months ago, before -oac lavc -lavcopts ...mp3:abitrate=224...
>
> Now, why does -oac lavc -lavcopts ...acodec=libmp3lame:abitrate=224...
> gives sync problems? The MPlayer delivered by Debian Etch gives the same
> sync problem (TV capture).

I hope it is working fine. The SVN version I installed works without
problems. I am happy now to be able to install the latest compiled
versions if I want to. I still don't unsderstand why I could not use
'-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=224' and why it suddenly worked after
installing a latest SVN version (compiling errors before?) The only
thing I did was suppress the mplayer application file in /usr/bin/
(where Debian etch placed it). I always typed /usr/local/bin/mplayer or
/usr/local/bin/mencoder to avoid competition bur it was stupid to let
the application in /usr/lib/

I am happy to get definitely rid of the Debian and SuSE versions of
MPlayer. Debian version gave me 'badly interleaved file detected -
switching to ni mode' and with the SuSE I could not suddenly make
two-passes encoding (it ended up always with 4031 bytes files).

Thank you to all who supported me.

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be