[MPlayer-users] audio stutter with DTS in matroska?

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:40:46 CET 2007

2007/11/13, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>:
> On Nov 11, 2007 8:22 PM, Ulion <ulion2002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > but this just out puts the audio as a PCM stream right? that's all it
> > > seems to be doing, the receiver doesn't show "DTS" on it like it does
> > > it if I use '-ac hwdts'
> >
> > Yes, for DTS CD, some receiver can decode it from raw PCM stream, I'm
> > using creative's DDTS-100 decode such pcm without problem. Probably
> > your reciever can not decode such stream.
>
> I don't see how it can decode DTS from a PCM stream, that just doesn't
> make sense, either way, it didn't work except to output stereo PCM to
> my receiver.

OK, I can assume your receiver does not support decode DTS stream from
raw pcm format, then I wrote a patch, for support DTS WAV (probably
also DTS CD), you can have a try:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-November/054881.html

But this won't do any help for your original stutter audio problem, I think.

--
Ulion