[MPlayer-users] [MEncoder-users] crash when decode realmedia (MPplayer-1.0rc2)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 23:09:58 CET 2007

pker at 163.com wrote:

[that The Wanderer wrote:]

>> pker at 163.com wrote:
>>
>>> In demux_real_fill_buffer() of libmpdemux/demux_real.c :
>>> if (((sh_audio_t *)ds->sh)->format == mmioFOURCC('M', 'P', '4', 'A')) {
>>>
>>> ds->sh is NULL
>>>
>>> how to fix this problem?
>>
>> Try with the latest SVN version, then if the crash still happens,
>> read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and provide the information it
>> asks for.
>
> I dont know how to report the bug.

The instructions are in the file I pointed you to, in the MPlayer source
tree. (You may have to go into DOCS/xml/ and run 'make html-chunked-en'
first in order for the bugreports.html file to exist.)

> The following is some GDB output.

Without the command line you used, *all* of the text printed by MEncoder
(not just some of it), and the output of the commands listed under
bugreports.html, it is almost certainly not useful.

Also: please do *not* top-post. I have reordered the quotes by hand this
time, but if you continue to top-post most people here - including me -
will be disinclined to be interested in helping you.

Also: please do not, ever, crosspost a message between mplayer-dev-eng
and any of the -users lists. There are very few times indeed when it is
appropriate to do that, and most of them involve a message being posted
by one of the developers.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.