[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 39

Pedro A ARANDA paaguti at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:31:17 CET 2007

Let's see if we don't break the thread this way

> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:24:20 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Carl Eugen Hoyos
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 39
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>
> Pedro A ARANDA  hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> SVN version 25045
>> -vo x11
>>
>> both AVI files and MPEG TS are played OK, the APID and VPID in the MPEG TS
> stream are recognised correctly and
>> the OSD works fine
>
> IMO, this indicates that your computer is not too slow to play the content

:-) Puff that's a relief

>  (I assume you use the same source below - hard to tell without command line and
> output.)

o-:?? Couldn't you read the attachment? I hoped that a compressed text log file would
be safest way and that's why I attached the log.gz file :-( Sorry for that

>> -vo xv
>> -vo gl
>> -vo gl2
>> -vo gl:yuv=5:glfinish:lscale=2
>
> Different vo's perform differently on different computer setups: For me (Nvidia
> GeForce4MX, linux binary drivers), xv is clearly fastest, for other people, gl
> is faster with the settings you use.

The thing is that all these setups work with rc1 flawlessly and started exhibiting problems
(i.e. too slow, freeze, etc.) with rc2. That's when I went to the SVN and I'm trying to post
the problems I encounter. In the past, XV has been the fastest driver for me too... but now
it is freezing with the MPEG-TS streams (additional info: it is clearly the MPEG-TS streams
with video, because I can't watch dvb-t TV but can listen to dvb-t Radio)

>> MPEG TS: Mplayer freezes
>
> Are you sure you did make distclean before testing?

I'm using the debian infrastructure and I always do:

fakeroot debian/rules clean
svn update
fakeroot debian/rules configure
fakeroot debian/rules binary
sudo dpkg -i ../mplayer_1.0svn_i386.deb

to refresh the mplayer executable and start with the test.

> You probably have to find the correct (fast) vo before your problems can be
> fixed (x11 is expected to be much slower than gl and xv).

OK, then I'll forget about the gl drivers and concentrate on x11 to prove that
everything continues to work with it and then I'll check what happens with
the XV driver, which seems to be the faulty driver in my case

> As a sidenote: I hope you agree that your mail describes a very different
> problem than what you originally posted?

Maybe, you will agree with me that there were a lot of unknowns for me at
the beginning and that now everything seems clearer. And I promise I have
had several days where I had problems with the APID and VPID in MPEG-TS
files besides the freeze when using the XV driver I so much want to work.

> Carl Eugen
/PA