[MPlayer-users] audio stutter with DTS in matroska?

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:46:53 CET 2007

2007/11/2, Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at vm10124.spb.edu>:
> Hi Steven Adeff!
>
>  On 2007.11.01 at 15:06:31 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote next:
>
> > > DTS audio cd is not supported by mplayer.
> >
> > darn =(  I'll look for an avi with DTS to test then.
>
> Well it may be not supported, but it works, and works very good (for
> quite a long time, I must say). So don't hesitate to pick a track from
> audio cd.
>
> You can either play CD directly like this:
>
> mp cdda://1 -rawaudio format=0x2001

This works because it call libdca decoded the dts stream. if you set
-afm hwac3, it will not work unless apply my newest dts wav patch.

But if you just run it without set format, if the external receiver
can decode dts stream in raw pcm format, it still work. If the
external receiver does not support it, apply my newest dts wav patch
will make it also can be decoded by external receiver.

That patch is going to be applied to svn, in 1 to 2 weeks.

> or just rip the track and play it:
>
> cdparanoia 1
> mp cdda.wav
>
> --