[MPlayer-users] Mplayer setup problem

Dave Wayne dave.wayne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:00:58 CET 2007

I am trying to set up mplayer on a new server and am having problems with LAME.
./configure shows that its linked:
Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder) ... yes

but a simple command like
mencoder test.mov  -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -of mpeg -v -lavcopts
vcodec=flv -of lavf -o done.flv doesn't work.
Mencoder exits without displaying an error.
I've searched for, and downloaded the lame (and I think lame-dev)
libraries from sourceforge.
If anyone has any ideas, that would be great. Pastebin contains the
results of the above mencoder test

http://pastebin.com/m67d0c9f3