[MPlayer-users] Embedded aspect ratio?

Bruce Alcock bruce.alcock at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 22:08:18 CET 2007

Hi guys

I'm trying to make my own "media center" typed app in an SDL program
using Xorg functions to create a subwindow and place mplayer in
it...which I've managed to do. The problem I'm having is that the
video file being played is stretched to the entire subwindow size and
not bothering to maintain the aspect ratio of the video, and no
parameter seems to do anything.

The command I run within my program to launch mplayer is:
mplayer -slave -really-quiet -noconsolecontrols -nomouseinput -wid 0x%lx %s
where the $lx is the window ID from X and %s is the filename to play.

Thanks in advance for any help
Bruce Alcock