[MPlayer-users] Is there any way I can point mplayer directly to an IP address + port?

cga2000 cga2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:13:55 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 11:22:49AM EST, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 08:16:38AM -0800, RC wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:18:09 -0500
> > cga2000 <cga2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > But, I do have seamonky installed & I tried the CTRL+i method you
> > > recommend but then this causes a minuscule window to pop up...  and as
> > > luck would have it ..  I am not allowed to resize it.
> > >
> > > Shades of Microsoft Windows, I guess ..
> >
> > That would be the fault of your window manager.  And Alt+Left-Click will
> > probably still work.
>
> That usually is for moving, ALT+Right-Click (or more precisely
> Right-Drag) usually is for resizing...

I wasn't aware of that last one ..

> Unfortunately elinks can't handle the JavaScript stuff, otherwise that
> probably would have been a nice lightweight way to get the info.

Couldn't agree more.  And not only lightweight where I'm concerned..

It would be very convenient indeed since I use Elinks for 99% of my
browsing activities and although I went through a few hoops to add in
their idea of js support, I still have to fire up mozilla/seamonkey once
in a while.

sigh ..

I just have to remember to shut it down as soon as I'm done since many
pages cause it to push my CPU usage even when it's just sitting there
doing nothing useful.